November 02, 2010.
Vote Theise For Congress. Today is Election Day. Polls are open from 6:00AM to 8:00PM.
- Express Times:- ” Theise makes a more balanced argument to steer the country out of its crisis, and we endorse his candidacy. He is showing a willingness to engage the public and debate in a way Garrett did not in this campaign. While most incumbents claim this advantage, Garrett seems to be taking it to an extreme.”
- Michael Fremer:-We deserve moderate, responsible representation in Washington. We haven’t had that since Marge Roukema retired.”
- The Records:- “Democratic challenger Tod Theise would bring a very different voice to Washington, one that deeply understands the district’s conservative base, but is more in line with the state’s social values. Keeping a close eye on federal dollars and trying to rein in spending where necessary is a wise and good thing to do, but we do not believe a congressman who votes against nearly every bill simply on fiscal grounds best serves the people of the 5th District.”
- Theise will never vote against the will of middle class.
- Theise will fight to bring back 9.8 Billion back to New Jersey from Washington by introducing the law when elected for every state to get a minimum of 75 cents minimum back to every tax dollar we send to Washington.
- Theise believe in being our brother and sisters keepers in time of hardships. We rise and fall together as Americans.
- Theise is a uniter and not a divider.
- Theise wants tax cuts for Middle class not only the 2% rich. He criticized the Bush Cuts in contributing to the deficit that brought this country to its knees from 2000 -2008. They contributed to a lot of unemplyment because jobs were shipped abroad.
- Theise Supports investing in America and creating jobs for Americans.
- Theise supports the Obama health care law. He believes it has good things in it but should be improved to remove mandates.
- Theise understands that, punishing people who try to follow the law is not a way todeal with Illegal immigration . The immigration system should improve and for undocumented immigrants living here, he wants to revive the guest-worker program backed by Sen. John McCain and former President George W. Bush. For people brought to the United States when they were small children, he supports finding a way for them to apply for citizenship.
- Theise does not support privatization of Social security. Seniors will lose their money if that happened.
Why Should you retire the incumbent Garrett his opponent ?
Garrett voted against everything that benefits middle class Americans.
- He voted against bills to help Hurricane Katrina victims ,
- He Voted against providing a Medicare prescription drug benefit plan,
- Twice he voted against a bill to ensure medical care and compensation for Ground Zero workers.
- He also has voted repeatedly against extending unemployment benefits.
- He voted against Senior Financial Empowerment Act 2010 H R 3040
- He voted against Consumer protection Act
- He voted against Medical Relef Act H R 3421
- He voted Against Small Business Development H R 1845
- He voted against Natural Risk Reduction Act 2009 H R 3820
- He voted against Health Insurance Industry Fair Competition Act H R 4626
- He voted against Energy jobs for Veterans ACT HR 4592
- He voted against Plain Writing Act
The list is too long to list all the bills Garrett voted against. He is fine with collecting Government funded benefits and his big salary.
Did I also mention that he has made a career out of politics? In Warren county the worse thing is cronyism, We have people like Republican DiMao Assembly man collecting two checks from the government, funded by the tax payers. typical of the Republican hypocrisy.
They want small government and yet they are always lining up for government jobs. Republican Acetturo lost his election for Freeholder, an antic dealer by profession, now has been appointed to head the motor vehicle department.. How is that shrinking the size of government? I thought Government is bad…
Coming back to Garrett, he should be sent packing. He does not represent the middle class but foreign corporations and financial institutions who got the bailout from the government , as evidenced below: